Thursday, October 15, 2009

Day 1 - Post #2 - The Team

Before we get too far ahead of ourselves it will be a good idea for me to introduce Team Amsterdam to you. We asked the team to pick a race-day nick name for themselves and also asked them what was the reason they had come so far to run this marathon. Here are the team members in no particular order

Name: Darshan Baldev
Nick: Roller Coaster (for all the ups and downs in his running
Why this marathon: "Its a personal achievement - that helps Bolder Options and also is one of the next steps to my health and fitness"

Name: Ryan Foss
Nick: ROC (pronouned Rock)
Why this Marathon: "The Amsterdam marathon helps support my passion for Bolder Options. Also one of my best friends lives in Amsterdam. After this marathon I will have run more marathons outside the US then within the USA"

Name: Tesha Distad
Nick: Boots
Why this Marathon: "Because Ryan asked me to, and I had come to know and love my Bolder Options team-mates from the Ragnar relay. Big shout out to Emma for introducing me to the Bolder Options folks"

Name: John Tarbuck
Nick: Flying High
Why this Marathon: "In 2009 my mantra is 'Living the Dream and Dont Stop Believing' and thats why im doing it

Name: Troy Tarbuck
Nick: Green Light
Why this Marathon: "Because Im running down my dreams"

Name: Liz Melcher
Nick: Gooster (like a Goose and a Rooster)
Why this Marathon: "I really wanted to run a marathon and Bolder Options offered me the coolest marathon team to be on"

Name: Terry Rae Olson
Nick: Running with the Pack ... Never looking back
Why this Marathon: "I didnt want to be left out of the Staywell group that was running the marathon and Annie said that I could come if I ran the half-marathon"

Name: Kellie Hand
Nick: Handful
Why this Marathon: "I swore last year that I would never run a marathon because they wernt as sexy as triathlons, but Bolder Options and Amsterdam made this one so much sexier"

Name: Ann Virnig
Nick:
Why this Marathon: "For all the kids in this program and I had to come to Amsterdam to babysit the biggest kid of them all - John Tarbuck"

Melissa (Missy) Hilpisch
Nick: Mistified
Why this Marathon: "To show the kids at Bolder Options that tough things like this can be accomplished and because this race brings me closer to God"

Name: Glen Desouza
Nick: Sexy Legs
Why this Marathon: "Because I know that every year thru these marathons I raise enough to put one more youth through the Bolder Options program and theres no better feeling than to see the changes this program brings to the lives of these kids"

Name: Tom Schmidt
Nick: Tnutz
Why this marathon: "Its for the kids man, for the kids ...."

Name: Paul Beck
Nick: Chet
Why this marathon: "Its for the kids man, ..... what u dont like kids ???"

Name: Phil Pelto
Nick: The Gambler

Name: Janelle Pentz
Nick: J-Lo

Name: Kate Diehn
Nick: Coco

1 comment:

  1. Go team go! Thanks for raising some dough for the Bolder Options kids too. Have fun (though I can't imagine fun isn't already well underway)

    ReplyDelete